Ecological scientific popular magazine Terra – Zher-Ana
The goal of this publication is to serve as a link between government
agencies business community and NGOs facilitating harmonious co-existence of
human beings and nature.
TERRA-Zher-Ana Issue #10.
- Solar energy in Kyrgyzstan
Gennady Doroshin, UNEP: "Kazakhstan can be considered
as the suitable
country for the development of wind energy"
What is biogas installation and how it works
Biogas installations in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tadjikistan
Use of renewed sources around world
special edition (.pdf).
REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN: ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION STATUS REPORT
more info about project >>>
TERRA-Zher-Ana Issue #8-9.
Special issue on chemical pollution problems in Kazakhstan.
- Information on The International POPs Elimination Network (IPEN) and
- So-called "historical pollution" is serious environmental problem in
- The program on improvement of industrial and household waste products
utilization will be implement in Kazakhstan.
- Information to Parliamentary Hearings on industrial and household
waste products in Kazakhstan.
- Almaty, the southern capital of Kazakhstan, can appropriates the
status "zone of ecological disaster" as well as Ust- Kamenogorsk,
Eastern Kazakhstan, in which ecologists mark a rare syndrome - "life
- The terrible truth about "nuclear testing area children".
TERRA-Zher-Ana Issue #7.
Results of The 5-th Pan-European Conference of Environment Ministres
- Kiev 2003 - Initiatives of Ministers from Central Asia
- Environmental situation of the region
- Aarhus convention attracts attention of politicians and public
- NGOs ask ministers to support the idea to create Water Centres
- Discussions on nuclear wastes in Kazakhstan continue
TERRA-Zher-Ana Issue #6.
The issue contains articles:
- forests in Kazakhstan;
- problems of landscape and unexplored wilderness protection in
- one from solution of Aral crisis: to enhance of social-ecological
environment in region;
- how to treat Balkhash lake "illness"?
TERRA-Zher-Ana Issue #5.
The issue contains articles:
- Aarhus Convention implementation in Kazakhstan;
- "green" NGOs in Kazakhstan;
- Katon-Karagai national park - "pearl" of Kazakhstan and Altai-Sajanski
- training on desertification in Kazakhstan;
- conference on drinking water quality (held in Almaty).
Special issue on POPs-related issues in Central Asia. Report on
implementation of the Central Asia-wide (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan,
Uzbekistan, Tadjikistan, Turkmenistan). Project “Development of tools and
mechanisms facilitating promotion and implementation of key environmental
protection conventions in Central Asia based on the example of Stockholm
Convention: public participation in global persistent organic pollutants
TERRA-Zher-Ana Issue #3.
Special issue on problems related to persistent organic pollutants (POPs) in
TERRA-Zher-Ana Issue #2.
The issue is comprised of articles on activities aimed at implementing
international ecological conventions in Kazakhstan: current situation and
challenges. Tips on how to protect health from the influence of harmful
ecological factors. Problems of air pollution, protection of forests, toxic
wastes in Central Asia etc.
TERRA-Zher-Ana Issue #1.
The issue contains articles on implementation of environmental protection
conventions in the Republic of Kazakhstan; water supply issues in Central
Asia; opinions of well-known scientists on sustainable development etc.